It was the end of a decade, but the start of an age... Yes, I will be jamming to Long Live and New Year's Day by Taylor Swift for the foreseeable future. I am not typically the kind of person to get all worked up about the start of a new year, but the end of a decade does seem sort of surreal. But seeing as I don't have the mental capacity to reflect on my favorites of the past decade, I wanted to share my top beauty and fashion favorites of 2019. I have always loved reading other blogger's yearly favorites, so I wanted to share mine! Without rambling any more, here are a few of my favorite things of 2019.
1. Spiral Hair Ties: Honestly, I don't know what these things are called, but I love them! I remember seeing girls with these wacky hair ties and thinking they have to yank their hair out. Right? Well curiosity got the best of me, I tried them, and I fell in love! Holds my hair up better than a scrunchie, but doesn't crease it like the traditional pony tail holders. They are chef's kiss.
2. Statement Earrings: Before this year, I almost exclusively wore stud earrings. But this year, there were just too many statement earrings to pass up! First were my Baublebar heart hoops. I saw two of my favorite bloggers ( Amanda of Strawberry Chic & Amanda of Pardon Muah) style them, and I fell in love with them. I finally managed to snag a pair when they came back in stock, and I have had them on repeat since I got them. Paired with chunky knits for fall, all of my holiday outfits, and will be oh-so-cute for upcoming Valentie's Day outfits. Next were my Gal Meets Glam x Nicola Bathie pearl + bow drop earrings that are the epitome of chic, feminine fashion.
3. Lover: Yes, of course Taylor Swift's newest album is a favorite. I have loved TS for over 10 years, so at this point when a new album drops it is quite the event in my life. This album is near and dear to my heart, and most certainly a favorite of 2019.
4. Old Navy Jeans: I don't know if you have really noticed, but I am so not a jeans girl. I would take a dress or skirt over jeans absolutely any day, but sometimes I do crave the style of a classic denim look. I discovered Old Navy's jeans this year, and they fit me like a glove! They strike a perfect middle between true denim and a jegging- comfy, but still give you some shape!
5. Pearl & Velvet Headbands: I was so happy that headbands made a comeback this year. I hopped on the trend and have stayed with it, and plan on sticking with it! I love the feminine and flirty flair they can add to aby outfit, and they are super cheap on amazon prime!
6. Kristin Ess Curling Wand: I got this thing for Christmas two years ago, and I still use it several times a week. I can get a trendy insta-bend, classic curls, or an old Hollywood wave. This thing is versatile, easy to use, and gives me curls that last! If you have seen my hair curled, it was with this wand.
7. Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink: I am not the best at keeping you all updated on my makeup routine, but these are the best liquid lipsticks I have ever tried. I have several colors, and love them all. They will not come off. Even when you want them to at the end of the day- they hold on tight! But, I love them for when I don't want to worry about or even think about my lipstick. I wore the bright red shade 'Pioneer' the other night to dinner, ate sooo much pizza, and was just about positive my lipstick would be demolished. But I flipped down my car mirror, and it looked just as good as when I applied it. If you haven't tried this stuff, you need to!
8. Sudio Wireless Headphones: I worked with Sudio to share these headphones back in August, but I have used them every single day since I got them in the mail. They really are incredible. The battery life never fails me, the sound is incredible, and they have proven to be sweat and waterproof! I work out every day, and these things have been incredible. I wear them going to class, walking my dog, and while cooking and cleaning. If I lost them, I would not hesitate to purchase another pair.
9. My Favorite Murder the Podcast: What have I been listening to through those headphones? Well, the voices of Karen and Georgia serenading me with terrifying tales of murder mixed with some comedy. I have always loved true crime, and I quickly fell in love with Karen and Georgia. Their voices make my college apartment feel a lot less lonely, and fills the quiet with their laughter as well as my own. If you haven't already started listening to their podcast, do yourself a favor and start.
10. Essie Gel Couture: I always have my nails painted, and it is always with this polish. Makes my nails look shiny and smooth, and the polish lasts on my nails for over a week! I am pretty rough on my nails, so that is saying something. I have loved this polish for years, and this year was no different.