No, you eyes are not mistaken- I am wearing black. Soak it in, it doesn't happen often! I usually keep all of my wardrobe light, airy, and pink- but there was something about this tweed skirt that called for a little more drama.
This whole look is from ChicWish! I fell in love with this flap-front light pink tweed skirt. There was just something so chic about it; the color, style, and construction of it reminded me very much of Audrey Hepburn. I paired it with a ultra-soft black turtleneck to try to match the chic-ness of the skirt, and I have to say I fell in love with this little outfit. I made me feel so cool and chic, but effortless at the same time. I paired it with my pink Kate Spade top-handle bag, and some nude heels to dress it up. It would also be adorable with some black, polka dot tights and black booties!
Are you loving the tweed-trend? Let me know!
til next time,
Well, it is officially my favorite month of the year- DECEMBER! It is a month filled with twinkling lights, crisp air, hot chocolate in festive mugs, quality time with loved ones, and an excuse to dress all glitzy and glam. Holiday fashion is my absolute favorite; velvet, pearl embellishments, bows, silk, organza, metallics, glitter, and everything always calls for a good red lipstick. So, this is the first of many holiday looks coming your way this month.
I fell in love with this velvet pleated midi skirt from ChicWish. I have been obsessed with their holiday pieces! They have everything for a cozy night in to the glam-est of gatherings! But, this skirt is what caught my eye this time in particular. I love the striking, metallic look to the velvet of the skirt. And the way it is pleated gives it the most incredible movement; this skirt was made for twirling! I paired it with a simple white, puff-sleeve bodysuit so the skirt would remain the star of the look. I threw on a pearl headband, my glittery heart hoops, and some amazing glitter heels from Betsey Johnson- and I was twinkling like tinsel on a Christmas tree. And I loved every second of it! This skirt would also be so adorable with a chunky sweater and some booties to dress it down as well. If you are looking for a stunning piece for the holidays, this skirt is it.
Do you love dressing up for the holiday season? Let me know!
til next time,
click the collage to shop my picks!
Is there a better time to get holiday shopping done than Black Friday? I don't think so! And this year, so many sales are already LIVE & online! Saving money from the comfort of my couch? Yes please! I wanted to round up some of the best sales from my favorite retailers, so you don't have to spend any time hunting for the best deals. I will be updating this post as new sales go live, or as any of the deals change. Happy shopping & let's get into it!
Kate Spade; 40% off SITE WIDE! (shop my picks here!)- code TGIBF
J.Crew; 50% Off Full Price Styles & an extra 60% Off Sale Styles- code SHOPFIRST
J.Crew FACTORY; 60% off EVERYTHING- code YAYSALE
Old Navy; 50% Off EVERYTHING- NO EXCLUSIONS
Madewell; 30% off EVERYTHING- code GIFTWELL
Abercrombie; 50% off EVERYTHING- code GOBBLE50
Erin Condren; 30% off EVERYTHING- code BLACKFRIDAY19
Fossil; 30% off EVERYTHING
Ann Taylor; 50% off EVERYTHING- code BLACKFRIDAY
LOFT; 40% off EVERYTHING- code BESTWEEK
ChicWish; 25% off EVERYTHING
BaubleBar; 30% off Full Priced Items - code FESTIVE25
Draper James; 25% Off - code GRATEFUL
BuddyLove; 50% off Sitewide- code EARLYBIRD50
Lisi Lerch; 30% off + $5 Shipping
Ted Baker London; 30% Off - code FROMTED
The Mint Julep Boutique; up to 75% off
Gal Meets Glam; Pink Week Sale, up to 75% off select styles
Any other sales I need to know about? Let me know!
til next time,
Shopping for my mom is one of my favorite things to do every Christmas. My mom deserves the whole wide world, and I love to take the opportunity to spoil her! I wanted to round up some gift ideas that would be perfect for any mom in your life. I have linked several options at all price points for each idea, that are all still spoil-worthy, don't worry! Okay, let's get into it.
1. A Birthstone Necklace: I just think birthstone gifts are so thoughtful, and they can be so meaningful. You can get her birthstone, the birthstone of her mom, a beloved pet, or even the ones of her kids. If you want one with several stones (ex one for each child) here is a darling one from Lisa Leonard!
2. Luxe Bubble Bath: My mom loves baths. She takes one nearly every day. They are the little bit of time she takes for herself- so I decided to make them a little more special. I found this bubble bath/ shampoo/ body wash combo from Philosophy that comes in tons of delicious scents! And she loves it too- and it's less than $20. They also have really luxe lotion too in lots of scents; there is a little something for everyone.
3. Some New PJs: PJs are something that I feel like no one thinks to treat themselves to- but I think that is what makes them such a great gift! You can get them from just about anywhere, but my top pick are these from Rachel Parcell's line; super soft and so cute! I linked a couple other cute pairs that are a little more budget friendly if you want to get her them as a side-gift.
4. Ridiculously Soft Blanket: Is there anything better than a new blanket? Okay, I am a blanket hoarder- but I got it from my mamma! Our favorites are The Big One throws from Kohls; and they are on sale for $8. I mean, add some lotion and some pjs and you're ready for an at-home movie night! I also found a Barefoot Dreams blanket for 54% off at Nordstrom Rack, if you want to go more of a luxe route.
5. New Work Bag: Who else has a boss babe for a mom? My mom is a single mom and she works her butt off. I think a new work bag makes a lovely treat to make long work days a little brighter. I have gotten my mom a few from Kate Spade; ots of color to choose from, and they are really durable in the pebbled leather.
6. Soft Scarf: Scarves are some of my mom's favorite accessories in the winter time! A new scarf can make a whole outfit look brand new! I linked some soft ones that come in a bunch of colors; so there will be something for everyone's style.
7. Sparkling Earrings: Earrings are another little accessory that can just make you feel special, don't you think? My mom loves Kate Spade, so I always find something she likes there. I have linked some universally pretty options. They are great quality, super cute, and don't break the bank!
8.Cozy Cardi: My mom has quite the cardi collection; they are just so cozy! If your mom loves a cardi, it might be worth splurging on one from Barefoot Dreams! Super luxe, but sooooo soft. I have linked some other soft and colorful options from Old Navy that are much more budget friendly if you aren't sure if your mom is a cardi-fanatic.
9. Classy Sweatshirt (?): Who doesn't love some new lounge wear? Or even better; when it feels like lounge wear and looks a little more elevated. I found a couple of cute options from J.Crew Factory, and they always have the best sales going on!
10. Fancy Candy: I think Sugarfina candy is such a lovely treat! Who doesn't love fancy candy?
What are your mom's fav gifts? Let me know!
til next time,
You know how you want to give your friends the world... but you only have like, $25? Yeah, me too. Ah, the life of a broke college student! I want to spoil my gal pals, but it absolutely can be done on a budget. I thought I would share some of my favorite little gifts you can give to your favorite gals without breaking the bank, while still giving them a lovely gift!
1.A Chic Travel Cup: Is your BFF a coffee lover? I know mine is! I rarely see her without sporting a cup of iced coffee, so why not make it a cute one? Kate Spade has these adorable initial tumblers, and they are less than $20!
2. Satin Scrunchies: Who doesn't love some scrunchies? And these are a luxe take on the classic. The satin keeps your hair healthy and strong by preventing frizz, breakage, split ends, and pony tail bumps. Another plus, they are super cute! This pack of 5 is on amazon prime, and you could even buy a pack and split it up among your friends!
3. Luxe Lipstick Sampler: I have heard nothing but the best things about Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks! I found this set with three minis lipstick of their most popular shades for just $25. This would be such a lovely way to spoil your bestie with something a little more luxe, especially if she is a lipstick fanatic!
4. Trendy Headband Two Pack: Another amazon prime find! I have fallen in love with these pearl headbands this season, they just add such a fun feminine flair to any look. If your bestie loves fashion and she doesn't have a set of these yet, get her these! Two for less than $10, such a steal.
5. This Luxe Lash Set: Another for the makeup lover! I got one of these Tarte lash curlers in a set a few years ago, and have used it every day since! It is such a good lash curler, and the fact that it is super cute is a plus. And who doesn't love trying out a new mini mascara?
6. At Home Gel Polish Kit: This is my very favorite at home gel polish! All you need is your color and top coat, and I found this kit that has them both. This is the longest lasting nail polish I have tried, and it comes in sooo many gorgeous colors! If you know your friend likes having her nails painted, it is always so fun to add a new color to your collection.
7. Fun Bow Earrings: I have been obsessed with some statement earrings this season! These are sparkly sweet, and chic- what isn't to love?
8. Mini Capri Blue Candle: My bestie loves her Capri Blue candle! She gets one every year for Christmas, and makes it last all year! So if you're shopping for a candle lover, this mini would be a wonderful little treat for $8.
9. Rifle Paper Co. Initial Mug: I Know that there are two things that every girl loves; mugs, and Rifle Paper Co prints! These mugs are the most adorable marriage of the two. I love getting my friends mugs, and putting some other little goodies inside of them; like scrunchies, hair clips, lotion, and some of their favorite holiday candies. Sweet, thoughtful, and won't break the bank!
10. Pearl Hair Clips: Another pearl trend I have been obsessed with! And they are so fun for dressing up an outfit around the holiday season. Stick these in a mug & you have a darling little gift.
I feel like guys are the hardest to buy for. Like there are always lots of options, but what will they actually like? I decided to share some of my hit presents I have gotten for my boyfriend and brother over the years that have been hits! These are things I have gifted to them, they were actually excited about, and they actually use. So hopefully this will give you some holiday gifting inspo for the guy in your life!
1. A Leather Wallet: My boyfriend's favorite gifts are always things that he can actually use and enjoy on a daily basis. A few years ago I noticed his walled was falling apart; ripping, and most of the fake leather was flaking off of it. So, I got him a nice leather one from Fossil and he loved it! He said he hadn't even thought of getting a new one, but he was so excited to have it. Three years later and it is still holding up beautifully, and he has it in his pocket every day!
2. NorthFace Sherpa: Another thing I gifted to my guy! I have several sherpas, and even my dog has a sherpa. There is something so nice about being able to just... wear a blanket all day. It is like a socially acceptable snuggie! I decided my boyfriend needed one in his life, and he is perpetually cold so it seemed like the perfect idea! I picked up this Campshire Pullover Hoodie from NorthFace, because it was the only one I could find with a hood! It also has pockets so it can keep his hands nice and toasty. He adores this thing! If you're gifting to a guy that has to walk around a college campus, this is the perfect gift- it'll keep him warm, cozy, and he bring a blanket to class.
3. Boozy Candy: This is up my brother's ally. He is a drink connoisseur of sorts, and I don't know anything about alcohol. But, Sugarfina has some boozy-inspired candies! I got him some moscow mule gummy bears, and some bourbon caramel chocolates and they were the perfect stocking stuffer! I also gave my boyfriend some for his 21st birthday a few months back, and he liked them as well! Can't go wrong with food, right?
4. Some Soft Henley Shirts: Another staple gift! I think everyone enjoys adding a few new staple pieces to their closet- yes, even guys. I opt for long sleeve henley tees because they are still comfy and soft, but they're also a little more stylish than a basic long sleeve tee. I love the ones J.Crew Factory has- they're super soft and you can get them at a great price.
5. Some Stylish Sneakers: My boyfriend has been wearing the same pair of sneakers for as long as I have known him, whereas my brother has more pairs of shoes than me. But, I have gotten them both a pair of Cole Haan sneakers, and they both loved them! I got my boyfriend this style; still a comfy sneaker but has some of the design elements of a fancier shoe- and he loves them!
6. Some Slippers: Ladies, we aren't the only ones that want to be cozy all winter! And since I have yet to see fuzzy socks for men, slippers it is. J.Crew Factory has some nice ones that are affordable, and they're super soft and come in several colors!
7. A Watch: I think this is a pretty common gift idea for guys, but it is a good one! I got my boyfriend a Fossil watch around 3 years ago, and he thinks it is very cool! He loves that he can watch the gears inside of it move while he wears it. Alternatively if the guy you're shopping for has an Apple Watch, pick out a new band or two for him.
8. Fun Socks: Who doesn't love flashing a fun socks now and again? J.Crew Factory has some affordable ones, and they always have the quirkiest prints! They'll have some that would make anyone smile.
9. Travel Mug: This is another useful thing that you don't think to buy yourself, but it is so nice to have once you have it! I got my boyfriend this exact one freshman year so he could take coffee to class without worrying about it spilling, and he still uses it almost every day and we are now seniors. This one is durable, comes in a bunch of colors, and keeps your coffee hot for hours! If you want to add a personal touch you could stick some stickers on it too.
Do you have any other ideas? Let me now!
til next time,
If you have been following along with me for just about any amount of time, you probably know I am a sucker for anything in any shade of pink. One of my very favorite shades of my favorite color is a rich, deep, raspberry pink. I think it is so gorgeous for the fall and winter time; it is vibrant and eye catching while maintaining that darker aesthetic that goes along with the cooler months.
I picked up this adorable raspberry, mock-neck sweater at Old Navy for just $15! Yes, you read that correctly- $15. Me and my mom grabbed each other's arm at the checkout when it rang up, because that is just such a good deal! Is there anything better than bargain hunting with your mom? Anyways; I was drawn to this sweater because of the color, but really fell in love with the fit! I love the cute mock-neck detail, that keeps me warm without making me feel like I am suffocating. Anyone else get claustrophobic in turtlenecks...? Well, I do and this one doesn't give me that feeling! It is so super soft, and perfect for layering with scarves and coats. I love how the mock-neck lets your sweater peek through under your layers as the weather continues to cool down. I front-tucked it into my favorite pair of Old Navy denim, and a metallic belt I picked up from target to give the outfit a little extra somethin'. For accessories I grabbed my KD bow booties, my James Avery leather tote, and my glittery and girly BaubleBar heart hoops! This is seriously one of my favorite outfits I have put together all season, and I can wait to keep wearing it!
Do you love raspberry-pink shades as much as I do? Let me know!
til next time,
If you have been keeping up with my posts, you have seen this sweater in white. I am absolutely obsessed with the white, by far my most-worn piece in my autumn wardrobe thus far. So when I saw it in this lovely, dusty pink I just had to snag it!
These sweaters are the absolute softest things in my closet. They are they darling almost eyelash material, but shorter so it keeps it on the chic side. They have trendy bell sleeves, boxy cut, and the cutest ruffled hem detail! It has the ruffle along the edges of the sleeves and the mock neck as well. I love how the ruffles on the mock-neck stick out of your coat, or peek out from under a scarf, and it just adds the sweetest, feminine touch to your look! These sweaters are from ChicWish, and they have totally won me over with their knits this year. They have this sweater in a dusty blue as well, and to say I am tempted by it is an understatement. I styled this pink one with some dark wash denim, my bow booties, an on-trend velvet and pearl headband, and a red lip to keep it all nice and festive!
What do you think of these fluffy, ruffled sweaters? Let me know!
til next time,
I am not typically a mini skirt girl. I love flowing, full midis with layers upon layers of fabric. But I have absolutely loving the Clueless-inspired plaid mini skirts I keep seeing everywhere! So, I stepped out of my comfort zone to give it a try.
I picked up this checked mini from Forever 21! I fell in love with all of the colors; black, burnt orange, cranberry, and cream wrapped into a box-check. And I think the little ruffle detail along the waistline is just so darling! I like to pick up an affordable option to test it out and see how I like a trend, so Forever 21 was the perfect place to look! I paired it with a balloon-sleeve bodysuit from The Pink Lily Boutique, which is so soft and comfortable! I wanted a bodysuit so I wouldn't have to worry about my top coming untucked, which was the best choice. I topped it off with a pearl clip, my heart hoops, my bow booties, and this ultra-chic bag from Melie Bianco! I love the neutral, cool-toned taupe vegan leather, and the gold top handle gives it the prettiest vintage vibes.
Are you channeling your inner Cher Holowitz this fall? Let me know!
til next time,
It is finally officially sweater weather here in Texas! No more dipping into the high 70’s and back up into the 90’s- I think it is really finally sweater weather. And I could not be more thrilled! One of my favorite sweater trends for the season is playful puff sleeves.
I love a puff sleeve sweater; they’re extra cozy and extra cute! It just adds a little extra feminine flair to a cozy sweater. This one is from ChicWish, and I fell in love with the stripes on the bottom of the sleeve at the wrists. The blue, brick red, sage green, and soft orange are the prettiest, autumnal combo! And it just adds a little something extra to this sweet knit. It is also so soft! ChicWish has the loveliest sweaters, and they have just about every style you could imagine! I paired it with my favorite Old Navy jeans, prep-toe booties, and a braided leather belt. When it was still a little too warm I was wearing it with shorts, and it would be adorable with a denim skirt and y’all boots not that it’s chillier!
Are you loving puff sleeves as much as I am? Let me know!
til next time,