Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Baking pumpkin muffins in the fall brings me so much joy. They're so simple, easy, yet delicious! Totally get me in the spirit for fall. And, they make your house smell incredible! I love having these on hand for breakfast or a snack throughout autumn, and I wanted to share my recipe with you. So, let's get into it!
What You'll Need:
-1 cup pumpkin puree
-1 tsp vanilla
-2 tsp cinnamon
-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-1/4 c milk
-1/4 c vegetable oil (or butter)
- 2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 cup flour
-1 cup rolled oats
-cinnamon sugar ( for topping)
What to do:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350
2. Put your pumpkin, egg, milk, oil, vanilla, spices, and sugar into a bowl and mix until smooth. (You don't need a mixer for this one!)
3. Next mix in your baking powder and baking soda, and mix until smooth.
4. Fold in your 1 cup of flour and oats, and mix with a spatula until your mixture is smooth.
5. Line your muffin tins, and evenly scoop your mixture into 12 muffins. (about 2 Tbs per muffin)
6. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top of each muffin, then stick them in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove once risen, fluffy, and delicious!
These are also so goo with some raisins, or some nuts mixed in! I usually use sliced almonds, but it's all personal preference. Also incredible with some mini chocolate chips to really make them a treat. I like this smaller batch because you can enjoy them before they pass their prime, but you can double the recipe for bigger crowds! My mom made them recently, and added a cream cheese frosting glaze to the top- which looked heavenly. What is your go-to fall baked goodie?
til next time,
Leave a Reply.