I feel like guys are the hardest to buy for. Like there are always lots of options, but what will they actually like? I decided to share some of my hit presents I have gotten for my boyfriend and brother over the years that have been hits! These are things I have gifted to them, they were actually excited about, and they actually use. So hopefully this will give you some holiday gifting inspo for the guy in your life!
1. A Leather Wallet: My boyfriend's favorite gifts are always things that he can actually use and enjoy on a daily basis. A few years ago I noticed his walled was falling apart; ripping, and most of the fake leather was flaking off of it. So, I got him a nice leather one from Fossil and he loved it! He said he hadn't even thought of getting a new one, but he was so excited to have it. Three years later and it is still holding up beautifully, and he has it in his pocket every day!
2. NorthFace Sherpa: Another thing I gifted to my guy! I have several sherpas, and even my dog has a sherpa. There is something so nice about being able to just... wear a blanket all day. It is like a socially acceptable snuggie! I decided my boyfriend needed one in his life, and he is perpetually cold so it seemed like the perfect idea! I picked up this Campshire Pullover Hoodie from NorthFace, because it was the only one I could find with a hood! It also has pockets so it can keep his hands nice and toasty. He adores this thing! If you're gifting to a guy that has to walk around a college campus, this is the perfect gift- it'll keep him warm, cozy, and he bring a blanket to class.
3. Boozy Candy: This is up my brother's ally. He is a drink connoisseur of sorts, and I don't know anything about alcohol. But, Sugarfina has some boozy-inspired candies! I got him some moscow mule gummy bears, and some bourbon caramel chocolates and they were the perfect stocking stuffer! I also gave my boyfriend some for his 21st birthday a few months back, and he liked them as well! Can't go wrong with food, right?
4. Some Soft Henley Shirts: Another staple gift! I think everyone enjoys adding a few new staple pieces to their closet- yes, even guys. I opt for long sleeve henley tees because they are still comfy and soft, but they're also a little more stylish than a basic long sleeve tee. I love the ones J.Crew Factory has- they're super soft and you can get them at a great price.
5. Some Stylish Sneakers: My boyfriend has been wearing the same pair of sneakers for as long as I have known him, whereas my brother has more pairs of shoes than me. But, I have gotten them both a pair of Cole Haan sneakers, and they both loved them! I got my boyfriend this style; still a comfy sneaker but has some of the design elements of a fancier shoe- and he loves them!
6. Some Slippers: Ladies, we aren't the only ones that want to be cozy all winter! And since I have yet to see fuzzy socks for men, slippers it is. J.Crew Factory has some nice ones that are affordable, and they're super soft and come in several colors!
7. A Watch: I think this is a pretty common gift idea for guys, but it is a good one! I got my boyfriend a Fossil watch around 3 years ago, and he thinks it is very cool! He loves that he can watch the gears inside of it move while he wears it. Alternatively if the guy you're shopping for has an Apple Watch, pick out a new band or two for him.
8. Fun Socks: Who doesn't love flashing a fun socks now and again? J.Crew Factory has some affordable ones, and they always have the quirkiest prints! They'll have some that would make anyone smile.
9. Travel Mug: This is another useful thing that you don't think to buy yourself, but it is so nice to have once you have it! I got my boyfriend this exact one freshman year so he could take coffee to class without worrying about it spilling, and he still uses it almost every day and we are now seniors. This one is durable, comes in a bunch of colors, and keeps your coffee hot for hours! If you want to add a personal touch you could stick some stickers on it too.
Do you have any other ideas? Let me now!
til next time,